Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Little Hexagons

Progress report on my hexagons ... a little slow but I really am enjoying the hand sewing!
I finally have enough hexagon flowers that I can now start putting a few together. And more hexagons are prepped and ready ... I just have to find the time!
Sew many projects and just not enough time in a day ... do you ever find that you are boggled down on which project to work on? Or maybe I just have way too many projects to work on at the same time! And to be perfectly honest, some days I get so overwhelmed I find that the day is gone before I really get anything accomplished. I guess I just need to buckle down, make a list and prioritize!

So today,  I'm going to make it a "over with and done" day. I'm attaching myself to my sewing machine and finishing up a quilt top that needs to be ready on Tuesday for a "Jo's Little Women's Club"  meeting at my LQS.

And then I'll work on my hexagons ... now that sounds like a great plan!

Hope you all have a great day stitching!

Hugs,
Elaine

13 comments:

Sue said...

Yes, I do the same thing with feeling a little overwhelmed with too many projects going on.
So much so, that I feel I am about to go back to where I was when I first began quilting and just work on one thing at a time before I move on to the next !! I think that suits me better.

karenfae said...

I too work on so many things - it is hard to get them done because of it. I tried at the beginning of the year to only work on two things - didn't work and I am back to 4.
Karen

Gayle said...

I love how you're fussy cutting some of those little hexagons!

Amy R said...

I need a "Like" button on your blog like there is on FB~ Your Hexi's look really nice!

Kris said...

Elaine - Your hexie flowers are wonderful!! i LOVE the colors you are using!! And yes, I too get overwhelmed with all the projects I have going!! But, I just keep plugging along!! I got my Fexie flowers for my Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap partner done last night and in the mail to her this morning!! Feels sooooooo good!! Enjoy your day sewing!! Kris

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I think we probably all get overwhelmed at times. I sure do~ buckle in and sew days always help! Love your little hexies!

Jennifer said...

Love the colours of your little hexies.....so sweet!

Rosa Robichaud said...

Oh Good LORD! How big are those hexes, anyhow?!?!?? *grin*

I sometimes feel that way... puttering away and no (real) progress to show for it.

Lately, I've been forcing myself to TRY and stay "focused" on ONE project till it's "Over 'n Done"...

I keep calling myself a pittbull.... GOTTA keep my nose to the ground (AKA my sewing machine) and just plod through it...

That's my technique....

Rosa

Karen said...

The colors and fabrics used for the hexagons would work well for me. The tin you have the pieces in looks like a Sucrets tin. Maybe it is bigger than it looks.
One of the verification words today is "coffins". A gruesome word.

vivianjane said...

Love those little cuties!!
Jane

Mary said...

I haven't started my hexie quilt yet but soon. I try to use my machine during the day, then do hand sewing after dinner while I watch TV. Two seem to be the most projects I can work on at a time.

Elly D said...

Your hexagon project is looking good Elaine :)
I could well have written that third paragraph of yours.... so many projects.. mind boggling!!

hugs
Ellyx

suemac said...

What a great way to use some leftover Civil War repro fabric.