Monday, January 30, 2012

It's been A Long Time...

Many months have gone by without a post ... I've been dealing with some major lifestyle changes..all health related. Hopefully, with the aid of an insulin pump my "issues" with low to high blood glucose will be resolved!

In the meantime, I've been to Victoria, British Columbia for a holiday vacation during the week of Thanksgiving. We stayed at the Empress Hotel and were throughly spoiled ... in fact we could have stayed there forever! It was a truly wonderful holiday!

My birthday came and went ... I reached another milestone year! My amazing DH gave me a birthday party at one of the local Mexican restaurants and during our trip to British Columbia gave me a gorgeous stand of pearls! I am so blessed to have such a caring and thoughtful husband. Life is good even with health issues!

I also attended Road 2 California Quilt Convention this month.

I was very blessed to be able to take four days of quilt classes with Jo Morton and one with Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. Friends from Oklahoma flew in for the quilt show and we were able to take a side trip down to Temecula to visit Temecula Quilt Company, The Wool Lady and Quilter's Coop. Good times!

My class with Lisa Bongean was a wool appliqué class, "House On A Hill" table runner.

Here are some pictures from my quilt classes with Jo...
 Rachel's Reel
 Another view of Rachel's Reel

Rebecca's Baskets
Starry Night (Log Cabin)

Sorry, I don't have a picture of "Somewhere In time"... I must have been chatting with my friends, Jane and Joan!

That's about it for now... hopefully I can be more diligent with posting.

Hugs,

Elaine

12 comments:

Sue said...

I sure hope your health issues get resolved.

Sounds like you had an amazing birthday and so I send a belated one to you.

Love the quilts you've whipped up. One of these days I hope I can meet Jo Morton! I know you have taken a few of her classes.

Nice to hear from you again!
Sue

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better! I enjoy your blog and have missed you. Prayers in your direction.

Debbie
kegocken@gmail.com

Rosa Robichaud said...

Oh dear goodness... but your table runner's GORGEOUS!!!!

Love the quilts, too, Elaine... but I do love wool! *grin*

Glad to read your post....

*s*

Rosa
P.S. Please get better....

Katie said...

Elaine, it was wonderful to meet you at Road2CA! Thanks for inviting me up to meet Jo. I wish I could have attended the classes all week with all of you! I never made it to Temecula, but visited the quilt shop in Palm Desert. I will save Temecula for next time. We were supposed to fly home on Thursday but we extended our trip and stayed until Sunday because our power was still out from the storm. We were so lucky to miss the ice, snow and power outages while we were there. Louie and I went to the Humana Challenge at PGA West on Saturday and Sunday. He loved the golf and the sunshine so we will be back some day for sure, but I will bring my sewing machine next time. Thanks again for your hospitality and friendship!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Happy belated birthday! Love your little quilts and wool project. Hope you are feeling back to yourself soon!

Amy R said...

Can't imagine you and Jane and Joan were busy chatting. . . Just can't imagine it. . . . Glad you had a good time during all your travels~ Love your table runner. Lucky you!

Terry said...

So glad you're back, hoping your health issues are permantly under control:)

Love the quilts, but the wool table runner is my favorite...hands down :)

I have just started getting into working with wool, really finding it a nice change:)

Hugs, Terry

Cyn ;-) said...

Glad you are back ... blogland [and all of us] have missed you.
The Rachel Reel quilt is really pretty; well, they all are!
It was wonderful to see you at the Road. It was a great show.
Hope the health thingie gets better for you... prayers and hugs coming your way.
/; -)

sarapatch said...

Bentornata!!!!
Ciao Sara

Mary said...

I've missed your posts and I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better. Your trips sound wonderful! I've stayed at the Empress and I agree - it would be a great place to live!!! BC is amazingly beautiful. Four days of classes with Jo - how lucky can a girl be? Love your quilts!!!

tich said...

Glad you are back blogging. Those quilts are gorgeous and, like Rosa, i am drooling over the wool!

karenfae said...

hope you get to feeling better soon and have your blood sugar regulated better - I have had friends with problem and know it can be hard to control. Glad to see you back blogging.
Karen