Monday, April 11, 2011

Liberty Quilt Retreat - Jo's Quilts

WOW...I can't believe that I've been home a week and just getting around to posting pictures of the Liberty Quilt Retreat with Jo Morton. Where does all the time go??

Okay, back to the retreat... first up is the quilt retreat project. The quilt is a square within a square or as it is named "Double Square"
Another view...
Here are my blocks...I used vintage Jo fabrics.
Jo showed her quilts from Club #10 of Jo's Little Women's Club. It was a real treat for me to see these quilts up close. Most of the ladies are lucky enough to have a JLWC in their area but I have to do mine on-line. So this showing was fabulous for me! 
"Vintage Holiday"...
"HST Challenge" (sorry about the photography, I think I was shaking from seeing all these fabulous quilts up close and personal)
"Lizzy's Little Quilt"
"Amy's Choice"
"Point of View"
"Redware & Harvest"
Again, so wonderful to actually see and touch these quilts...photographs just do not do them justice as they are all magnificent! The colors, texture and quilting are amazing in person!

Next post will be "Show and Tell" from the participants at the retreat and more "Jo" quilts. And they are GORGEOUS!!

Hugs,

Elaine

16 comments:

Rosa Robichaud said...

Incredibly vibrant colors!!!

Tks for sharing, Princess.... *s*

Rosa
*wishiing she could have been with you*

paulette said...

STUNNING!! Bring them on!!
P

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Gorgeous! If you find where time goes, let me know~ I'm losing it too! ;-) Have a happy day!

karenfae said...

I bet you were just so glad to go there and see all the quilts and attend the classes.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Cyn ;-) said...

Super quilts. Sounds like a wonderful Retreat.
Your double squares are great.
Hugs,
; -)

Linda C said...

Thanks for sharing the photos from your retreat. Its a one day dream of mine to make it to a Jo retreat!!!

Sharon said...

So glad to see your Liberty quilt retreat post...I know how inspiring all the gals are that come to the retreat! Hopefully I will get to go next year...this was my first year since the retreats started that I did not get to go :(

Jeanne Lex said...

love the Jo quilts - can't wait to see more... hope you had a great time.

Merilyn said...

What inspiring and beautiful quilts!!! Your square in a square quilt is great, love the scrappy look, wonderful!!!

Sue said...

Oh your quilt is gorgeous! That is what you worked on at the retreat? Beautiful.

The 'Amy's Choice' quilt for the club is named after one of the ladies in my Jo Club! How 'bout that?!

Thank you for sharing:)

Yvette said...

WOW! I love them all.

Brigitte said...

thank you for the impression of the Retreat, would have loved to be there too
hugs
Brigitte

Mary said...

Beautiful! I love seeing Jo's quilts up close. How much fun you must have had!!! I'm looking forward to the rest of the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I really like the double square quilt! I think the sashing makes it look vintage. Am I allowed to ask what size the double square blocks are? Or is it a secret for retreat attendees only? Love your blog and pic updates.

Debbie
kegocken@gmail.com

MJinMichigan said...

I love the double square quilt. Was it a full-size quilt or one of Jo's lap size? Could you share the finished block size? I wonder if it will be in one of Jo's future books. I'd love to go to one of Jo's retreats someday.

Karen said...

Wonderful Jo style quilts. Lea sent me over for a look.