Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Simply Charming" - A Review

I just received Tara Lynn Darr's new book "Simply Charming, Small Scrap Quilts From Yesteryear"*...
It's a keeper...absolutely worth purchasing...If you like small scrap quilts this is a "must have"! There are 20 projects in Tara's book that are inspired from patterns of the past.
Here are a few samplings... "Stars Over The Mountain"
"Living Off The Scrap Basket"
"Mountain Pathways"
"Tabitha's Trinkets"
Tara's instructions are very clear and detailed.
Tara also shares her "time -tested tips" for working on small quilts!

I thought that this was a great quilting book, not only for the beginning quilter but for those that have lots of experience too. You'll finds quilts with baskets, flying geese, star blocks and sew much more. I loved them all!

Check out "Simply Charming, Small Scrap Quilts of Yesteryear," it's a keeper in my quilting corner!

I hope you have a great day stitching your heirlooms of the future... and don't forget to leave a comment on my March 24th post to be entered to win my scraps and tote. My "Help Me Give-A-Way" closes tomorrow night (Sunday, March 27th) at 11:59pm.

Hugs,

Elaine

* No affiliation or connection to Tara Lynn Darr or Sew Unique Creations. This review is based strictly on my personal opinion.





8 comments:

Merilyn said...

I've been seriously considering this little book! Now that I have seen some of the patterns you have kindly shared I thnk it's definitely a goer!!! What a great resource!!!

Sue said...

I have that book also and agree that it is well worth it. Lots of wonderful little quilts to help use up some stash:)

Rosa Robichaud said...

Hmmmmm..... I can see someone starting up another little quilt....

*VBG*

And all that is good, my friend... *still grinning*

Have a Stupendous Sunday!

Rosa

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Just catching up with my Jo friend :) I found two more cheddars this week.
I don't have any scraps believe it or not.
What I want to know is where you got the Jo busybag and what that pink thing is behind it.

happy quilting, Sharyn

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

And another question, do Jo people hang out anywhere together? Cyberwise?
Sharyn

Mary said...

I made a large version of Stars Over the Mountain for my first grandson. I was really surprised at how easily it went together. This book looks like FUN!!! Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

I have been contemplating ordering this book and after seeing the samples I believe it's a "must-have". Thanks for sharing! I love small quilt blocks.

Kathy

Elly D said...

I got this book a few months back and it really is fabulous :))