Friday, March 18, 2011

Out of the Closet

I finally was able to organize my fabric closet this week. I wanted to get some of the projects out that I have been working on forever and see what I needed to do to get them FINISHED (my word for 2011).
One of the first things out was an older project that dates back to around 1996. I had started the quilting but never finished.
Then there was my blocks from the Jo Morton "Sawtooth Block Exchange". I might make an applique center, whig rose, and then set the blocks around that.
Then there are my half square triangles. I set them similar to Jo's "Chocolate Mint" and will follow that pattern by placing an applique border around them.
My stamp basket blocks from the Jo Morton exchange. I still have another 8 blocks to make to get the size quilt I would like. Another enjoyable block to hand piece and applique!
Update on works in progress:
My spool blocks have progressed to 25 blocks. I have no idea how I will set these or how many more I will make but they sure are fun! Very relaxing...
Abe's Log Cabin is almost completely quilted! It has been really enjoyable to hand quilt this little mini quilt.
No further progress on my mini stamp basket quilt other than choosing a quilting pattern.
Lots to do but now I can see "light at the end of the tunnel" on finishing a few of my projects. It was so nice to get them up on the wall and actually "see" the blocks, very helpful in reaching a decision on how I want to complete them.
Life is good in my sewing room...
Hugs,

Elaine

11 comments:

Sue said...

Gosh, those all look wonderful. You have been busy and everything is just wonderful. Lovely fabrics and designs!

Jackie said...

Thank you for the peek into your sewing room and at your WIPs. Love them all!

Elly D said...

WOW! you got a lot to do:) Those projects look so wonderful too. Enjoyed the peak into your sewing room too :) LOts to see :)) hugs Ellyx

Merilyn said...

Gosh! you are so prolific, your projects are beautiful, but I have to say my absolute favourite is 'Abe's Log Cabin' quilt!!! Your sewing room is so neat & tidy! want to sort mine out? LOL!!!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

you only put those up there to upscale my cheddar envy...but what you might consider is a Jo Morton intervention.

I'm working on a bucket list. So far in two days I can only think of four things. I'm either dull or fulfilled :)
Sharyn

Karen said...

Such lovely UFOs...I am so glad you brought them out of the closet to work on them. No matter how long it takes you'll know you'll have some wonderful finishes in your future.
Keep us up to date- it's inspiring.

Yvette said...

WOW! I love all of your projects.

karenfae said...

Lovely, lovely! you have been one busy girl (woman) over the years haven't you!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Sharon said...

Yes, life is definetely good in your sewing room...thanks for sharing! I am hopelessly addicted to all things Jo Morton!!!

Rosa Robichaud said...

So glad that you've showed us your works in progress... at this point, they're no longer UFO's, right? *grin*

You seem to have a LOVELY home, Elaine!!!

Tks for sharing!

Rosa

Jeanne Lex said...

An organized sewing room is so motivating ! Looking fwd to seeing your finished projects !