Friday, March 25, 2011

On the Road Again ...Quilt Retreat WOO HOO!

Well, I guess that should be "In the air again"! Yes, I'm getting ready to leave for Nebraska for a quilting retreat with Jo Morton! I'm getting my bags packed so I'll be ready to go. Of course I started with my quilting and retreat supplies...the most important part of packing when going on a retreat or for that matter any trip!
And getting my "Jo" fabrics ready...
The focus fabrics are from Jo's older lines and background pieces from "Toasty" and "Attic Shirtings". I'm going to precut my fabric so it will be easier to pack and then once I get to the retreat, I will have a head start!

And there will be more "scraps" to add to my give-a-way tote! Please read yesterday's entry (March 24th) and enter to win my "Help Me Give-A-Way" and don't forget to tell me how you deal with your scrap accumulation!

Hope you all have a moment to stitch a little today!

Hugs,

Elaine

12 comments:

Sue said...

You are so lucky. How do you get to go to all these wonderful Jo Morton retreats?
I hope you enjoy your trip. I am sure you will!

Faithful Quilter:Elaine's Journey said...

Cause I'm RETIRED!!

LOL!

I told my husband after I went to Jo's hand piecing retreat last September that I "needed" to do this more often. It was so energizing and inspiring. Anyway, we chatted and agreed that 2011 would be "My Year of Jo". So I am going to her retreats...one next week then in June and September.

I am very blessed that I have a husband that sees how necessary it is to have these precious moments with others who do the same things!

Thanks Sue and I know just how blessed and fortunate I am...

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs,

ELaine

Stitches said...

Where are you going to be in Nebr.? I have been trying to find Jo's schedule online and have had no luck. I'm sure the retreat is full by now so you are a lucky one, have a good time and be sure and post your "making's".

Yvette said...

Have a great time!

Great stack of fabrics!

Joan said...

BE SURE you stop in Lincoln and see the International Quilt Study Center. The building is amazing and the galleries are magnificent. I always go every time I go home!

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Oh have lots of fun! I can't wait to read all about your retreat. :-) Love the fabrics. Keeping my fingers crossed on the other post. ;-)

Cyn ;-) said...

I am so happy for you to be able to go. It's great. Have tons of fun & take oodles of pics to share.

Merilyn said...

Enjoy your retreat! I've only been to one, and it was the best time!!!

Loris said...

How cool! I know you'll have a wonderful time. Enjoy it to the fullest!

Mary said...

I was lucky enough to take some Jo classes here. But three in one year? You really are lucky! I can't wait to see all your pictures and hear about the projects you do. Have a wonderful, wonderful time!!!

Louise said...

I hope you enjoy your retreat with Jo. We were lucky enough to have Jo here in our corner of the world a couple of years ago and enjoyed our class immensely. She is a very generous teacher with her time and expertise. Travel safe. Thanks for the book review, looks like a good one!

Kathy V said...

I try to follow Bonnie Hunter's scrap organization techniques. Sorting by size and the lights from the darks.

You will love your classes with Jo. I took a class from her a couple of years ago at Hershey and she was wonderful.

Enjoy!
Kathy