Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bucket List Checked!

Another "event" checked off my "Bucket List"...toe dipping in the Atlantic Ocean! Our fabulous hostess, Frummie, gave me this opportunity by taking Rosa and I to the beach...absolutely GORGEOUS! Unlike the Pacific Ocean, the water is aqua blue and warm, and the sand is almost white.
To get to the beach, the homeowners along the beachfront have private entrances down to the ocean.
I remembered the movie "Something's Gotta Give", with Jack Nicholson, Diane Keaton and Keanu Reeves, when I saw these stairs...
This one is a public entrance down to the beach. We came down on the other side and there it was ...  the Atlantic Ocean, up close and personal! It took my breath away at the same time bringing tears to my eyes. This was on my "Bucket List" of places and things that I wanted to do!
And I walked straight into the ocean even wearing jeans! The water was wonderful, so warm and inviting. I could have stayed there all day! It was a moment in time that I'll never forget!
Until we meet again...
Life is good...

More to come on my Florida Vacation!

Hugs,

Elaine

9 comments:

Loris said...

Beautiful water! I remember my first visit to the Atlantic but it was winter and in New Hampshire..Rye's Beach. It was a treat but totally different than Florida's beaches!

Quiliting in Mequon said...

Goo for you and I know we all want to check off thing on our Bucket List... I have bee to the Alantic but, on the other side of the states... Enjoy... :)

Sue said...

The Atlantic is beautiful, isn't it? What great photos. I really love the one where your feet are in the water.
Looks like you are having a great time. I'm happy for you:)

karenfae said...

we went to Virginia Beach VA a couple years ago for a short visit to mom-in-law that lives near there, we didn't have a lot of time to do what we wanted but one day we made sure to stop by a beach area and walk the piers and the beach - we always love it although it always seems to be so darn windy!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Merilyn said...

The colour of the ocean looks wonderfully blue!!! I've only been to the southern Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea, the beaches on the East Coast of Australia are very expansive! Enjoy the rest of your holiday!!!

Anonymous said...

Ocean Ridge?

Jackie said...

I think the water is cold here in Florida right now. Perspective is a funny thing isn't it?

Rosa Robichaud said...

And I was lucky enough to be a witness of Elaine's joy and wonderment!!!

I can still hear her screams and giggles, with delight!

A VERY priceless moment!!!

Tks for blogging and sharing, my friend...

Rosa

Mary said...

The stairs remind me of the stairs to the beach in Isla Vista when I was a student. It was just on the other coast! You've been bringing back such fun memories for me!

I'm so glad you had a good time in Florida and can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!!!