Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ready to Quilt - Abe's Log Cabin


I felt well enough yesterday to finally do a little sewing. I was able to completely sew the top to my "Abe's Log Cabin" quilt.  Yes, I realize that the little quilt is only 11 inches by 14 inches but a huge accomplishment for me to get it done in one session at the machine! I had arranged the strips previously so all I really had to do was get behind the sewing machine and push the peddle! The picture looks a little wonky but "up close and personal" it is straight.

In fact, not only is it sewed but backed and basted, all ready to quilt! Unbelievable!!!

For me that is amazing ... I have to admit that I am slow in completing projects or even deciding which one to work on (see my post of Saturday,  January 29th  "What To DO" for the details). I know that a lot of you can relate to this by the comments I received on that post.  And thank you for those comments, they made me feel like I wasn't the only one who got boggled down in the sewing/quilting process.

Anyway, I am going to quilt 1/8 inch from the seam allowance on the outside of each log. I'm thinking that this will be a great project to do on my flight to Florida.

Color me pleased!

Hugs,

Elaine

5 comments:

Barb said...

Glad you are feeling well enough to sew again...

Mary said...

I never thought of beginning with a rectangle. I love your block! When is your trip?

Merilyn said...

Love this little quilt! you have inspired me to do a mini rectangle doll quilt too!! Beautiful work!

Frummie said...

So glad you are feeling better???
Can't wait to see this close up and personal.
11 more days. Yippee!!!!!!

Rosa Robichaud said...

This is one of your many projects that you'll be taking with you, to Florida?

Can't wait to see it in person... as well as the quilt maker, herself!

*grin*

Rosa