Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Type "A" Personality?

 Just take a look at my organizational skills!
This is the best take-along that I have found yet. At the Jo Morton retreat in September, JoR had one and I thought it was perfect. I finally found it at Target! It has three snap-on compartments, in each one I have a hand piecing project along with the necessary supplies.
My stamp basket blocks...
My spool blocks...
Storage for finished blocks and a couple of applique blocks that I'm working on...
And then there are my "bagged" projects.
All of these are just my hand piecing projects that I have been working on. I like variety and as you can see I have enough going on here to keep me quite busy!

And then there is "THE" closet where I have my machine quilt projects and fabric. Quilt projects have the fabric and pattern together and are stored in flat storage bins. The fabric in the closet is yardage, my smaller cuts are washed, organized by color and kept in an armoire in my sewing room.  Maybe someday I will post these picture...maybe.

I'm thinking "Type A" personality here...

By the way my "word" for 2011 is FINISH!

I'm having a sewing day today and lunch with my son... otherwise known as a perfect day!

Hugs,

Elaine

12 comments:

Barb said...

I like your word for 2011....and your organizational skills.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Great word!

Sue said...

Okay, I'm loving your organizational skills. I like to be organized as well. I'm jealous that you were able to get to a Jo Morton retreat. I want to do the same one day soon. She's my favorite!

You can also get those organizers at Joann's or Michael's and they are stackable! So you can add on to the one you have :)
I use them in scrapbooking as well.

Enjoy you sewing day

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

I have one just like that and love it for retreats! All the essentials in one spot. :-) Great word choice! Have a happy day!

Sew Unique Creations said...

OH my - I think I need to run to Target! I love that storage container!

Rosa Robichaud said...

Oh good grief?!?!?

And we'll be spending 1 whole week together!?!??!?

LOL

I haven't started "packing" yet and don't usually get to it, until the very last minute.

Hmmmm..... I think I'm getting pains in my tummy, again....

LOL

Tks for the blog, my friend!!!!!

26 more days!!!!

Rosa

Robyn *Ü* said...

Elaine, where did you get the zip bags for your projects? They're awesome.

Carol G said...

I love your 3-layer container. I got a single layer in the fishing dept at Wal-mart when I started hand piecing. I went back and read some of your posts about blogging and enjoyed them. I just started my blog in Nov 2010 so am just figuring out what its all about. Great fun so far. Count me in as a music hater!
quiltfever.wordpress.com

Amy said...

I have the same little purple container,but mine is empty,lol! I guess I need to put some quilting stuff in it.

Mary said...

Hi Elaine,

I like that container and of course all that is in it. I finished my four sets plus one for me stamp baskets yesterday. Can't wait for the day when you come up and we are swapping these babies out. They are really cute.

Happy quilting,
Mary

Frummie said...

OMG!!!!

Type A!!!!!

She is going to die in my house...LOL

It is after mid-night now, 25 days Rosa and Elaine. Can't wait.

Love you

Frummie

tich said...

Love the storage container and all the goodies inside. Oh to be organised1