Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Little Stamp Basket Quilt - In Progress

This will be my first completely hand pieced project... and I'm having the best time stitching it! My picture looks a  little wonky because the blocks are only pinned to the setting fabric. Hopefully today I will get some of them stitched. I'm using Cindy Blackberg's ( www.cindyblackberg.com ) stamps for my Stamp Basket block pattern. The block measures 3 1/8 inch finished.

Here is a close up of a couple of my blocks:


If this looks familiar it's because this is the same block that we are using on the Jo Morton group exchange.  I have finished those blocks, making four sets of four plus and extra one for myself. The exchange ends the last part of February. I'm really looking forward to receiving them!

Hand piecing has been so enjoyable and relaxing...a great way for me to de-stress after a day at work. I have found that I am also enjoying appliqué, which I never thought I would ever do! By the way, the applique handles on the baskets were made using Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Stems www.karenkaybuckley.com

My little quilt will measure 14 x 14 inches when I finish hand quilting it!

Sew much fun...

Hugs,

Elaine

8 comments:

Rosa Robichaud said...

Love your little baskets, Elaine!!!

Can't wait to see them finished and on a table, or somewhere in your home. *grin*

Rosa

Amy said...

They are sooooooo cute.Luv the mustard color setting blocks.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow great job! I have never been able to do much hand quilting. I've recently been knitting for the stress free times of sitting :-)

Sue said...

These are beautiful and I love that you are a Jo Morton fan. I am too!

I agree that hand piecing is a wonderful way to relax. Sometimes the sewing machine is more of a fight than fun.

Be blessed!

Cheryl said...

Elaine, your work is so inspiring. These are lovely.

Sharon said...

These are adorable little baskets...and of course, I'm loving the fabrics you are using!

Elly D said...

Oh WOW!!! I'm loving it!! You're doing great with this little project!!! Look forward to seeing it finished! hugs
Elly

paulette said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt!! Gorgeous!
Paulette