Monday, January 31, 2011

Flu Bug Bites and A Winner....

It was a cold, dark night when THE bug hit, Saturday night to be exact. It's first attack was to my DH but he put up a good fight and won. Other than a few battle wounds, a headache and earache, he survived the massive frontal attack.

I didn't. I was attacked by THE bug head-on. It came fast, like a swarm on locusts on a hot summer night attacking me from all sides. Those nasty bugs hit me hard leaving their germs of mass destruction in their path... cold, fever, headache and assorted body aches. It's here for a while, I believe, but with plenty or rest and fluids I will fight off this army of germs. I will be a good patient and not whine - well not too much ... I AM sick you know!

Now on to a brighter subject...that being the WINNER of my "Civil War Sewing Circle" book give-a-way. The winner is...drum roll inserted here...

#62 JoR in KS

Congratulations Jo!

Please send me your mailing address and I'll get your book posted sometime this week when I'm feeling better.

Thank you to everyone who participated in this give-a-way by leaving such wonderful comments. I enjoyed reading all of them!

Please stay healthy, don't let THE bug get YOU!

Hugs,

Elaine


9 comments:

Sue said...

I am very sorry to hear that you got the attack from the flu. My husband got hit over the weekend as well, but he is on the mend. So far, I'm okay and hoping it doesn't attack me.

Wishing you a very speedy recovery!

Congratulations to the winner of that wonderful book!!

Christie said...

Hope you are feeling better real soon!
WAy to go JoR!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Elaine are you coming to one of Jo's retreats again this year? I hope to meet you - am planning on the June retreat for sure.

Get better soon! HUGS... and stitches

Frummie said...

You better be better in 2 weeks...OR ELSE!!!!!
Feel better Sweetie!
Hugs,
Frummie

Jo R in KS said...

Oh Elaine, I'm so sorry the flu bug bit. I've avoided it so far.

I'm thrilled to be the winner of this wonderful book. I know I'll enjoy this book. Thanks so much!

paulette said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!! :o(
Paulette

vivianjane said...

I am so sorry you are sick!
Congratulations, little Jo.
Jane

Rosa Robichaud said...

GMTA (great minds think alike)!!!

I had received in an email, yesterday, a vintage picture of a hospital ward, with patients.

I was going to email it to you. *s*

Truly hope you get better... REAL SOON!!!!

*s*

Rosa

tich said...

Poor you. Hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Elaine, I hope you & your DH are feeling much better. I enjoy your blog so much, maybe it's because we use some of the same tools. I do enjoy my collection of TJ's sewing tools & my Dovo scissors. Do you have a pair of the scissors Karen K. Buckley sells with the serreated edges? They are great to hold the fabric while cutting. Jeane