Saturday, January 22, 2011

Abe's Log Cabin

This is my first "Fit to Frame" quilt. It is not sewn yet but just laid out for color placement. It's not a ordinary log cabin where the light values are on one side and the dark on the other. I randomly placed strips, making sure that their was a different color on each log round. I am now second guessing myself as to their placement. Do you think that my "logs" are placed correctly?  I would really appreciate your opinion!
Here is the pattern by Lori Smith. This will be sewn by machine but hand quilted. The quilt finishes at 11 inches by 14 inches.  I saw this made up at the Quilted Moose in Gretna, Nebraska last September when I was there for the Jo Morton "Sewing in the Orchard" retreat and thought it was charming!
I think I will frame this quilt too!

Again, thanks so much for your help on my color placement ... it is greatly appreciated!

Hugs,

Elaine

6 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I love Lori Smith's patterns. I've got a couple I want to work on myself.

Barb said...

I think your log placement is just wonderful!

Elegia said...

I thin it's very beautiful and full of life!

Rosa Robichaud said...

Nope... leave it as such!

That was your first intuition.... GO WITH IT!

*grin*

It's gorgeous, BTW!!! Can't wait to see it framed!

Rosa
Your BFFFC
(Best Friend Forever From Canada)

Sharon said...

Works for me! I may have to find the patterns you are using, I like the idea of framing them. Yours will look wonderful when framed out!

Susan said...

Love this quilt Elaine!!

It never ceases to amaze me the beautfil quilts, ideas and books that come out and feed our creative appetites!!

Regards,