Monday, January 24, 2011

21 Days = Takeoff!

I'm leaving on a jet plane in 21 days ....
to FLORIDA!


I will be spending a week with my dear friend Froma at her house near Palm Beach. Joining us will be my dear friend Rosa from Saint Johns, New Brunswick, Canada. Rosa and I met "in person" while we were on our cruise in 2009 to New England and Canada. We spent a wonderful day together with Rosa showing us her city and culminating in a scrumptious lunch of  lobster! We are all quilters who met on-line through the "Dear Jane" Yahoo group.

Speed forward a year and a half and now we are going to be together again and this time with Froma! How cool is that?! We made plans for this trip nearly 8 months ago and finally we are on the home stretch to takeoff!

Rosa is so excited to see ...
Yes, Palm Trees... she has never seen one "up close and personal"! We have them here in San Luis Obispo and especially down in the Los Angeles area so they aren't really "special" to me. I think Rosa might spend a day bonding with those palm trees!

I have my quilting projects all ready to go... my spools, my small stamp basket for hand quilting, JLWC Sister's quilt and some applique. Probably way too much but then again they are small and very portable...I do have long flights and plan to do some stitching on board and while waiting for my connection from Phoenix to Ft. Lauderdale.

We will be spending most of our time just visiting and quilting. There are a few places that we want to see but mainly the trip is to just relax and visit together. Time is so precious that we would rather visit with each other than run around sightseeing all day.

I can hardly wait....

Hugs,

Elaine

5 comments:

Rosa Robichaud said...

With a MINUS 34 fahrenheit (with wind chill factor), this morning, I AM dreaming about bonding with Palm trees!!!

Palm trees = Warm, sunny weather!!!

*VBG*

I'm counting down, too, my friends!!!

Rosa

Sue said...

How sweet is that? That just sounds like some great fun and I am glad you can have this trip with some quilting buddies :)

Blessings

Jackie said...

I hope the weather is warm and the sun is shining for your visit. Either way, I know you'll have a wonderful time with your friends.

karenfae said...

you will have such fun. I too love palm trees as we don't have them in Arkansas and I enjoyed them so much on a trip to Florida quite some years ago.
Enjoy - Enjoy!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Angie said...

What an absolutely lovely trip that will be!! I'm quite envious! :D