Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pincushion Mania

There seems to be pincushion mania in Quilt Land...especially pincushions made from vintage salt cellars. My first one was from a Pincushion Exchange on the Jo Morton Yahoo group. It's perfect for my "take along" project kit.
At retreat, Jo gifted us with the cutest salt cellar pincushions made from her "Annandale" fabric collection. I love mine...
Jo has quite a collection too...
My newest addition was a gift from Amy R. She made me a "Sister's Pincushion" and its absolutely adorable! Amy embroidered the ladies from Jo's fabric...so cute!
Amy also sent me the tiniest pincushion... it measures 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches!! It's precious!
Just another part of quilting that I am really enjoying... 

And I hope you are all finding enjoyment in your quilting experiences too!

Elaine



8 comments:

Jeanne Lex said...

Very nice, Elaine. Just so much fun, isn't it ? Love your pretty blog...

karenfae said...

what delightful cushions! glad to see you back to blogging.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Loris said...

Those are wonderful! I'm hoping to get one sewn up with wool soon. They make for fun projects and gifts.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

These pincushions are so adorable! Love the vintage look.

Barb said...

love your pincushions...just love them!

Amy said...

I LUV pincushions.I have atleast 15 setting around.I am a junker,so I'm always srouring antique stores and junk stores looking for bases.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb said...

I have been making pincushions from various ceramic items...but I never thought of a salt cellar. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Nebraska...I used to live in Neb. City and was in Jo's guild. Check out my blog, I have my "first" quilt I made inspired by Jo and also the pin cushion I made from a ceramic planter.

Thanks1
Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com