Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome to the Kimmel Center

"Sewing in the Orchard" was held at the Kimmel Center http://www.kimmelorchard.com in Nebraska City. Wonderful facility ... Welcome!
There was lots of room to spread out all our quilting supplies and Jo even had a "Jo's Quilt Shop" set up if we needed to do some retail therapy. And of course, we all wanted enjoyed the convenience of a retreat and quilt shopping all under one roof!
Jo Richards, Kathy Hall and Jeane Tucker busy appliquéing. The retreat was very personable... not having the humming of a sewing machine provided lots of time to visit with one another and still sew! Good times!
"Jo's Quilt Shop"... I did some "therapy" shopping here! Of course, my luggage was heavier on my return flight, even without the California wine and homemade cookies that I had brought from home!
All the food was DELICIOUS!  From breakfast through dinner each day, we enjoyed wonderful meals together! Yummy Taco Salad for lunch!
I loved it here and can't wait to return for Jo's next retreat.

My next posting will be "Show and Tell"! Fabulous quilts and more great times!

Hugs,

Elaine

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks like a great time! Maybe next year.....

Christie said...

Thanks for sharing your photos - any more??? Wish I could have been there this time. I go to the one in June. This time I was cuddling my newborn GS born on that Thursday. Will you go(come)again? I would have loved to meet you and the other gals that participated this time that were new. Isn't it a fabulous time!!! HUGS... and stitches

paulette said...

Ooooh can't wait for sharing!!
Paulette

Rosa Robichaud said...

Sooooo happy that you're sharing pictures with us!!!! *grin*

I only wish that I could have been there, with you....

Rosa

Frummie said...

Maybe I will join you next year. It looks like you had a great time...and no machine...WOW an added bonus.
Hugs,
Frummie

Marsha said...

I know you had a fantastic time!!
I would have been there but had a conflict that kept me at home!!
Thanks for sharing the pictures!