Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Retreat Show and Tell Part I

Jo asked everyone who attended to bring a quilt or two along with them for "Show and Tell". I brought my DH's quilt as that was very special to me. He sewed it himself and then we had it long-arm quilted by my friend Rosa's DH of "The 3A's Quilting" in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. So you can say it is a "Very Manly Quilt" LOL!!
Others bought absolutely gorgeous quilts! What a talented group of ladies...
Donna Wells...Absolutely wonderful!
Amazing applique...beautifully done!
Jo Richard's Collection: Here is her "Sister's Quilt" from Jo's Little Women's Club #9
Beautiful...
Amazing applique...and all long-arm quilted by JoR too!
Quilts by Holly Wagner...another wonderful quilter who shared her gorgeous quilts at retreat!
And check out her applique! It's absolutely beautiful... Holly's quilts are machine quilted! Fabulous workmanship! 

More "Sewing in the Orchard" to share with you...the retreat was amazing!

Hugs,

Elaine

9 comments:

julieQ said...

HI Elaine! I would like to ask permission to use one of your pictures on my blog...could you write me back? thank you!!

Loris said...

Wow! Beautiful quilts! What a talented group you retreated with there. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Christie said...

Oh,stop! I am so jealous that I couldn't be there. These "Jo-ites" did beautiful work! So, is your husband considered a Jo-ite? Guess not, since his didn't have any Jo fabric - won't you share with him? ;~) Thanks for sharing your photos! HUGS...and stitches

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh wow how beautiful! Love seeing show and tell.

Rosa Robichaud said...

OH MY GOODNESS.... there ARE incredible quilts on your latest post, Elaine!!!!

Jeanne Lex said...

Beautiful quilts - sky's the limit, isn't it ? Thanks for sharing And Sew On...

Amy R said...

Did Holly tell everyone about the ribbon she won for the applique quilt? Isn't it stunning?

Karen said...

Loved seeing all those applique pieces. And the churn dash quilt caught my eye too. Good colors in it.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

What wonderful quilts. Looks like everyone had a fun time at the retreat. I especially liked the last pic--I like the color twist on the usual pink "Peppermint Twist".