Saturday, October 9, 2010

The "Quilted Moose"

After landing at Omaha Eppley Airport, I headed straight to the "Quilted Moose" in Gretna.

Well, let me correct that by saying I didn't take the direct route by any means! Thank goodness my phone has a navigation application! I had no idea what direction "north" was ... in California we have the ocean and mountains to use for direction. In Nebraska, there wasn't any "natural markers" so it was only after a couple of turn-arounds and detours that I arrived at the "Quilted Moose", www.quiltedmooseonline.com



I froze "like a deer in headlights" when I opened the door!
And the Jo Morton Fabric...I have never seen so much in one place!
I went into fifth gear and zoomed ... I was "In a Jo Morton State of Mind"! They even had some of her earlier lines:
And of course her new lines:
And precut Jo fat quarters:
My trip to Nebraska would have been successful "if" this was the only place I went. But there still was the RETREAT .... "Sewing in the Orchard" at the Kimmel Center in Nebraska City!
Retreat pictures to follow... I was so blessed to be able to attend!

Stay tuned for more!

Elaine
PS: Just in case you were wondering ... Yes, I was indeed an active participant in stimulating the economy at "The Quilted Moose".  In fact, I believe I was very helpful!

9 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh wow what a beautiful place to shop! Glad to see you back Elaine.

Rosa Robichaud said...

Oh dear goodness.... I can understand why you were "blinded"!!!

I was blinded just looking at your pictures!

LOL

Tks for sharing - glad to read your blogs, once again!

Rosa

Maggey and Jim said...

What a shop, me too, I would have had palpatations.. Lucky you, going to the retreat.. Can't wait for pictures..
Maggey

Loris said...

Sounds like an amazing trip all around! Visiting the Quilted Moose and a retreat with Jo Morton!
I've ordered a Jo kit from them and loved it so much I had to order another one to make for a friend. Jo's fabrics are just to wonderful for words. I could live in that shops!
Glad to see you had such a great time!

Shasta said...

That does look like an great place. I'm glad you found it! They did say on the news that the economy is picking up! LOL

Sharon said...

WOW! I would have been in heaven with all that Jo Morton fabric! And how was the retreat? What did you work on? One of my friends went to it, did you meet a cute blonde named Jane?

Jeanne said...

I'm sure I could spend some quality time in that shop! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Cyn ;-) said...

OMG what a fantastic quilt shop... I can see why you went "deer-blind" when you walked in! Just walking around stroking all that stuff would make me purrrrr. LOL.
Can't wait to see the retreat pics!

Cyn ;-) said...

So glad to see you blogging again too... I'm hoping for more "Rocky" pictures... you are an inspiration, dear friend!