Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hand Piecing - "Judie's Four Patch"

I started this quilt on our cruise in October.  It's so easy to take along a hand piecing project and I really enjoyed working on it during our days at sea.
Such an easy pattern and works up really fast! Here is a close-up ...
This quilt was designed by Judie Rothermel, another one of my favorite quilt and fabric designers. The finished quilt is 32" x 40" and has a total of 80 four patch blocks. I am a little over half way with 46 blocks completed. For placement purposes, I decided to wait to join the blocks together until they were all completed. This way I can "see" what the completed top will look like before piecing it together.

I'm working on this today and my applique center for my "Peppermint Twist" quilt. I'm finding that I really love to hand piece and applique!

Fun projects and no stress, A PERFECT DAY!

12 comments:

Maggey and Jim said...

That is going to be very nice. Love the colors and does not look easy..
Maggey

tubakk said...

Oh, I really like your hand piecing projects. You must finish your grandmother's flower garden. And you can look at mine, it is
1/4" pieces.

karenfae said...

good looking quilt, I always find hand work so good to take along when traveling.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

This is going to be so lovely. I love Judie's lines.

MamaT said...

I like it. I have some of those fabrics. Check out my Civil War Repro quilt on my blog.

ranette said...

Elaine...that quilt is just darling. I'm glad that you put the measurements because I thought it was bigger. I'm glad that it's little though...love it!

I'm glad that you are stitching and relaxing...keep it up.

Sharon said...

I love this pattern, my friend came over one day to show me what she was working on and it was this pattern, I immediately started one for myself. Heres a link to it. http://grassrootsquilting.blogspot.com/2009/10/quilt-show-pictures.html I love your fabrics and your P. Twist project.

Quilt Hollow said...

This quilt is so me!

Terry said...

Love the quilt so far, it's sure to be a beautiful quilt :) Your fabrics and colors are so pretty.

Sharon said...

It looks wonderful! Hand piecing can be so relaxing and rewarding...great colors!

Karen said...

This is a good pattern for hand piecing. Looking good.

Rose Marie said...

WOW .... this is wonderful!