Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Road to California Arrival Day

I made it to Ontario, California! Traffic was almost non-existant ... perfect traveling to Southern California!
I checked in at the hotel and then went over to the Convention Center to check out what was going on and to do my check-in for classes. They are just setting up...here are a couple of pictures of the main room where the vendors and quilts will be. Today its empty but just wait until you see it in a couple of days! Vendors and Quilts Oh My!!



After settling into my room, I called room service and ordered in a "Cobb Salad and Ice Tea". It was delicious!

And the view from my balcony....

I could get used to this.... life is good!



9 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow this looks like it is going to be a great trip :-) Can't wait to hear all about it.
Jocelyn

Rosa Robichaud said...

OH MY!!!

Room service?!?!?!?

Cobb salad!?!??

Quilts and vendors?!?!?

Palm trees, in ONTARIO, California?!?!

I can assure you, that even in the summer time, Ontario, Canada doesn't look anything like YOUR Ontario! LOL

Lucky ducky! But I know how hard you've worked lately and if anyone deserves this very much needed "R and R", it's you, my little Schnibblette! *grin*

Enjoy, but don't forget to keep us posted on your fun, okay? *VBG*

Rosa

Greg said...

Lucky you....You have fun and palm trees and I have clouds and snow... Want to trade for a few days??

Can't wait to see more pics

paulette said...

Now I'm REALLY excited!!! Your room looks wonderful and I can just picture all those quilts and booths assembled with all of their goodies!! Check out Lisa Bongean's blog (Primitive Gatherings)- if you like wools and primitive quilts you will LOVE this eye candy!! Can't wait!
Take care and enjoy every moment! Say hi to Jo for me! ha ha!
Paulette

karenfae said...

looking forward to seeing the photos I'm sure you are planning on posting!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Loris said...

You sure know how to do it...Have a wonderful time! We will love the photos..hint,hint

SewCalGal said...

Glad to see you have arrived in Ontario and settled in to your hotel, enjoying a lovely cobb salad (my favorite). I hope you get to relax & enjoy the sunshine before all the show activity begins!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

dianne said...

soak it all in for me, too!

ranette said...

Enjoy your classes Elaine....my friend Sharon and I wish we were there like we were two years ago. Fun place!