Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Downtown SLO


Mission San Luis Obispo De Tolusa, the fifth mission in California founded by Father Junipero Serra in September 1772

Front Portico of Mission San Luis Obipso De Tolusa.

Father Junipero Serro, founder of the California Missions. The chain of 21 missions are located along California's El Camino Real ( "The Royal Highway")

San Luis Obispo Creek that runs through downtown SLO. The Downtown Association has developed this area to include places to sit and a walking path. Situated along the creek are several restaurants that have outdoor eating to take advantage of the great weather and view.  Shopping downtown is mainly boutiques and restaurants... you won't find a "Box Store" anywhere near downtown SLO!

More of the creek ... a nice place just to sit and relax.

We are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful area.
Thanks for sharing our walk downtown with us... Life is good!

8 comments:

Karen said...

My son went to Cal Poly and I wish, in hindsight, I had gone down to visit him more often. What a beautiful town and although a little too remote for me, a place I could see myself living in (if it were closer to an international airport). I live in Sonoma County and I think SLO has us beat by a long shot.

karenfae said...

Beautiful!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Sharon said...

Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful place, I so enjoyed it and hope to visit in person some day.

Sharon said...

Beautiful, it's great when towns preserve or develop areas like this, so many people enjoy them on a daily basis. Thanks for sharing your slice of tranquility.

Terry said...

Beautiful!!! You are very lucky to live in such a beautiful, well cared for area :) Thank You for sharing your walk with us.

Hugs,
Terry

Lea said...

Wow, It's like a virtual tour! Thank you for sharing beautiful pictures. :-)

WoolenSails said...

That looks like such a nice place to go for a walk. We have a few bird sanctuaries here, so when the weather warms up, we go there a lot.

Debbie

Jan said...

I am really enjoying reading your blog. I am new to blogging and am having so much fun and getting so much inspiration. I particularly like your blog because I feel at home when reading it. I grew up in Morgan Hill and it's fun to see familiar areas in your photos. :) Your quilts are wonderful and are giving me inspiration!

Happy stitching,
Jan from Oregon