Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Civil War Diary Signature Block Exchange


These are the blocks received from the Civil War Diary Signature Block Exchange through Rosemary Youngs Yahoo group.  I am getting ready to swap them out and send them back to everyone who participated. Hopefully, the Postal Service is "back to normal" after the Holiday Season!

Here is Rosemary Youngs block...gorgeous! She has written a number of quilting books..."The Civil War Diary Quilt" and "The Civil War Love Letters Quilt" are just two of my favorites from her!

And now back to swapping out these beautiful signature blocks! A quilt made from these will be absolutely spectacular, don't you think?

12 comments:

Karen said...

What a wonderful pile of blocks. Looks like it is going to be a good exchange.

Patchwork Penguin said...

Oh they all look lovely. Now that is a signature exchange I would have loved to be in!!!

You did a great job swapping them out!

Loris said...

What a treasure for each of these quilters! The blocks look wonderful.

Julia said...

Oh they all look lovely. Now, that's a lovely idea having all the different siggie blocks..everyone will have a beautiful quilt!
Julia ♥

Rosa Robichaud said...

DARN, DARN, DARN!!! I KNEW I should have joined in!!!

LOL

Actually, this year is THE year that I plan on working on my swapped blocks: siggies X 2 or 3 years, Heart to Heart blocks, Fall (DJ) blocks, Birthday Siggies X 2 years... and I think that's all.

LOL

Rosa

omashee aka Barb said...

Oooh, they're gorgeous! The quilts made from these will be stunning. Wish I'd known about this, would've loved to participate.

paulette said...

WOW! What a wonderful idea and a keepsake to treasure!! LOVE it!
Paulette

Terry said...

OHHHH, I can't wait to receive mine!!!! So exciting, this will be a beautiful quilt!!!!! Thanks for all your time and work on this swap :)

Hugs,
Terry

Maggey and Jim said...

Wow, all I can say.. I am on my 2nd civil war quilt and I love the colors..The first one had a story about the women that helped slaves escape,,my DH hand quilted it for me and I love it.It was called Butternut and Blue. I have just started my own blog and getting my feet wet, have your blog on my sidebar and follower.
Thanks for lovely pictures
Maggey

searchfamilies said...

What a lot of blocks looks like a great swap & very nice blocks
Hugs Janice

Sinta Renee said...

I wish my name was in that stack of blocks! They look so nice!

Shasta said...

Wow, that is a lot of blocks to swap out. Good luck. They are really pretty.