Monday, November 23, 2009

Sydney, Nova Scotia October 26th


At the port, as seen from our balcony...Cape Breton is a region that is known as a center for distinctive Celtic music. The "Fiddle" is a tribute to the music of the area. The highland music is mixed with the music of the Acadians, the fiddles of the Scottish immigrants and the Irish that soon followed to settle in the providence.
We walked around the town, visiting St. Patrick's Church Museum, local pharmacies and boutiques. The day was cold and very windy but the fall colors were amazing!
St. Patrick's Church...

Fall colors....

And my first experience with "Tim Horton" Coffee...highly recommended by good friend Rosa...

And enjoying a good "cup of java".

Life is good....

Beautiful city and gorgeous day but it's time to leave for Saint John, New Brunswick and to see my good friend Rosa. We have a day at sea, our last formal night and then we will be in Saint John. Rosa and I will finally meet...I can hardly wait!

4 comments:

karenfae said...

looks like fun - also have fun with Rosa.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

julieQ said...

Looks like such a good time!! And cold!!

Loris said...

I am really enjoying all these pics of your trip! A cruise and tour of the northeastern coast is on My 'bucket list' :-) Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Rosa Robichaud said...

I absolutely ADORE your picture with your (warm) black hat and Timmies - 2 of my favorites!!! LOL

Have I mentioned about how much fun I had!??!?!

*long sigh*

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed, for a lottery win, on either sides! *grin*

Rosa