Monday, November 23, 2009

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island October 25th

Check this one off my "Bucket List". I have wanted to go to Prince Edward Island ever since I read the "Anne of Green gables" books. And here it is...

And the rooms inside... dining room.

Kitchen...

Upstairs bedroom...

Sewing room...

The treadle sewing machine... I was fascinated with the thread/bobbin holder on the machine.

The thread/bobbin holder...


Second bedroom, upstairs...

The well ....

Inside the well...

Beautiful day on Prince Edward Island and a dream come true for me. I will always remember our time here.



7 comments:

paulette said...

Thanks for sharing! I too have also wanted to go....Loved the book and movie (with Megan Follows) - it is a Christmas tradition to watch as my three daughters are also HOOKED! The had the dolls, the books, the videos, the calendar and even wrote to Megan and got back an autographed picture - one of her as Anne and one of her as Megan! They were thrilled! Thanks again!
Paulette

karenfae said...

I love looking at these kind of museums - I can just picture myself working with all of those kind of things!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Karen said...

I am watching season seven of Return to Avonlea. I get the videos through Netflix and watch them a couple times a year. I would love to visit there!

Julia said...

I'd like to go there too!
I have just been watching Anne (with an E)movies...loved every one..
Julia ♥

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow, so beautiful! Glad that you got to visit.

Miri said...

Oh lucky you! I love the Anne of Green Gables books (I read them as an adult!)...thanks for the tour, felt like I was there!

Rosa Robichaud said...

And the dirt and land is ALL RED!!!!

Anne's Red and Green Island!

Rosa