Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Which Way Is Up" ... Almost There!

Block #16 for my "Which Way Is Up" quilt. I only have 4 more blocks to complete and then I can start setting the quilt.  To enlarge picture, just click on my block.

I'm getting anxious to get to the setting part so I can actually "see" my blocks as a whole quilt! 

I started this project on a United Airlines flight in April 2008. We were on our way to Washington D.C (Cherry Blossom Festival). , Lancaster County, Pennsylvania (Amish Quilts) and then Harrisonburg, Virginia  (National Quilt Museum). These were our destinations... well "my" main destinations... DH had in mind Civil War battlefields.

We had a fabulous time and saw everything that "we" both had planned to see. We even had to buy a couple extra pieces of luggage to bring home what "we" had both purchased! It was a perfect trip!

PS: Please see posting on July 20th regarding my "Quilter's Stimulus Package" Give-A-Way! Winner will be announced on Monday, July 27th.

5 comments:

Kathie said...

love this block!
can't wait to see the quilt
this would be a great way to use my stash :)
Kathie

Gwendie said...

Just four blocks to go means almost done! I love each step of a quilt and when I get toward the end of one step, I get so ready for the next. It will be fun to see the blocks all together!

Cyn ;-) said...

Can't wait to see all these blocks go together. This quilt will always have a nice story behind it too. Super!
Hugs,
/;-)

Karen said...

Such a great block pattern and the fabric is perfect.

Lelia said...

this is an interesting block! I don't think I've ever seen anything like it!

I have made the traditional block -- yours has such an interesting twist