Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tribute To My Mom...



My Mom passed away in March 2006. As a tribute to her, my brother-in-law David built this church birdhouse in her memory. Every Spring, since her passing, my DH has planted flowers around the base of the church. As you can see, they grow beautifully here... in keeping with the beauty of my mom's soul. Every day I think of her and am reminded of how wonderful she was, both as my mom and as a person. I miss her so much... her memory lives on in my heart and mind.

8 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom. My Mom passed away when I was in my 20's, and I still miss her.

Terrie Sandelin said...

This is just lovely. I, too, miss my mom. It's the only regret I have about getting a quilt book published, that she wasn't alive to see it -- I remember her teaching me to sew when I was very young and I think she would have been thrilled. I think your birdhouse tribute is really, really tribute.

blushing rose said...

Precious memories ... lovely tribute. How blessed you & your Mother. I miss my Mother every single day ... TTFN ~Marydon

Pat from FL and MI said...

What a lovely tribute to your mom and wonderful way to keep her memory!

ranette said...

Ahhh....what a wonderful tribute to your Mom and what a beautiful birdhouse and the flowers are just gorgeous. I planted a rose bush in memory of my Dad and it makes me happy when it's blooming!

Gwendie said...

That was such a nice thing for your DH to do! My mom turned 86 last week but we lost my dad last year so I understand. The flowers are just lovely.

Elly D said...

It's so beautiful Elaine. What a lovely way to remember your mum. Ellyx

Nancy said...

What a nice way to remember your Mom. I think I will call mine and tell her I love her...

I hopped over from Mels Place