Thursday, July 16, 2009

SLO Pincushion


Jo Morton Secret Sister Pincushion Exchange. Here are the two pincushions that I made for my secret sister. We were to use "Jo" fabrics and my secret sister's preference was black, gold, red and cream. I had never made a pincushion before so had my doubts whether I should do the exchange. I did have a lot of fun doing them which just proves that sometimes "stepping out of your comfort zone" is okay!
And here are the "goodies" that I included in her package. The thread is from Jo Morton's line for Presencia called "Earth". Thread Heaven, Bohn needles and a Clover threader will help my secret sister with her hand-piecing projects. I have also included a 1/4 inch graph ruler and a 1/4 inch bias tape maker.

I am looking forward to having my secret sister receive her package and hope that she enjoys all that I sent.


PS: Please excuse the poor photography, it's a "user issue" , not a faulty camera!

9 comments:

blushing rose said...

That is a lovely creation, love the fabrics. TTFN ~Marydon

Pssst! Visit our giveaway

prairiemoonquilts said...

You did a great job! Who can tell you'd never made a pincushion before? What a lucky secret sister -- I'd be thrilled to get a goodie pack like that!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Love your pincushions! The fabrics are great and you did a beautiful job :-)

Karen said...

I like both pincushions but especially the star one.

ranette said...

Your secret sister is going to love her pincushions and goodies! I love the colors. You did a great job Elaine!

Miriam said...

What a lucky secret sister!!!

Beautiful pin cushions

Robyn *Ü* said...

Beautiful pin cushion. You did a great job. Where is the pattern from?

Karen said...

That is a wonderful package of goodies. Love the pincushions.

Elly D said...

You did a great job Elaine. If your secret sister doesn't like them she can send them on to me :))

It is a wonderful package of gifts..hugs Elly