Friday, July 24, 2009

A Slice of Heaven

My DH and I went on a lunch date today to Shell Beach. This is the view from where we sat... another gorgeous California day! We are so fortunate to live here, we enjoy not only great weather but beautiful scenery practically right out our front door.  If you click on the picture and enlarge it you can see the surfers.

My DH enjoying the view and some sun. We had a wonderful lunch outside on the balcony of the Spyglass Inn Restaurant. The food was delicious... Jim had a hot crab sandwich and I had a grilled chicken avocado club sandwich. 
Brown pelicans soaring above the ocean.  To be with my best friend, having great food and fabulous scenery.... what more can you ask for? Life is Good!

PS: Just 2 more days left to enter my "Quilter's Stimulus Package" Give-A-Way" See July 20th post for details!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just discovered your blog,Elaine. Love Shell Beach. We moved away from CA (Mammoth Lakes) in 2001. Thank you for sharing your photos. I especially enjoyed your tribute to your Mom.
Louise

karenfae said...

I love Jim's shirt - I like a man in a shirt like that and mine refuses to wear a Hawaiian shirt! Maybe if we moved to California? :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

blushing rose said...

It is a lovely spot to be ... TTFN ~Marydon