Friday, July 10, 2009

Pin Cushion Exchange



Pin cushion Secret Sister Exchange through Jo Morton Stitchers. My Secret Sister turned out to be Sandy D. from Washington state. I received her package yesterday and was throughly blown away by everything that she sent.  What an incredible package... not only did she send me a pincushion but a handmade bag, thread, needles and Chocolate Expresso beans! I am throughly spoiled!

In fact, Sandy sent me two pin cushions! The large one is set into an antique jello mold and the smaller is set in a salt celler.  So creative and cleaver to use as a pin cushion. Absolutely perfect ... I LOVE them both!  Sandy does beautiful work...

The cutest bag... perfect for my hand-piecing! Fabric used is from Jo Morton's "Cinnamon and Spice" Collection. The squares are 1 & 1/2 inches (1 &  3/4 inches unfinished) . Love the bag lining! The workmanship is incredible. 

Thank you again Sandy!

2 comments:

Gwendie said...

What nice pincushions! She did a really nice job on those. I love what she used for the bases. The espresso beans are yummy - my girls have given me those in the past. But wow - the handmade things are just so special!

Betweens said...

wow!! that is a super idea for the pin cushions.. the mini bag must be the rage.. I got one from someone onthe mini swap through quilters bloggers...Quilters are just too thoughtful