Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Which Way Is Up" ... An Update!

Another block completed for my " Which Way Is Up" Quilt. This quilt is all hand pieced and will (eventually) be hand quilted. 

Each hand pieced block is alternated with a 6 x 6 inch fabric square. I had the hardest time choosing a fabric to use for this setting block. I  finally have compromised between what I pictured in my mind and what was available in civil war fabrics.

A really enjoyable project and  just the perfect thing to work on after a long, hard day at work!

Please come back to check in on my progress...




7 comments:

Miriam said...

That is a lovely block. How long does it take for you to stitch each one? I love hand stitching!

Karen said...

I like the block. I think I have seen the pattern sometime in the past. How many blocks do you need to make?

Faithful Quilter:Elaine's Journey said...

Miriam,

Thank you for the compliment on my block!

It takes longer to decide what fabrics to use than it does to stitch up the block! But to tell you the truth I have never timed myself...I just get throughly into stitching!

Thanks for visiting... please come back again soon!

Hugs,

Elaine in SLO, Ca

Faithful Quilter:Elaine's Journey said...

Karen,

20 pieced blocks to make a small lap quilt 38 1/2" x 47".

The pattern appeared in the September/October 2008 issue of "Quiltmaker" magazine.

Hugs,

Elaine in SLO,Ca

Karen said...

I'm liking this block! Also, love the pincushions.

Gwendie said...

Nice job! I love to hand quilt but haven't tried a hand pieced quilt yet. This will really be a special quilt when you finish.

Rosa Robichaud said...

LOVE the block, Elena!

Soooooo, that's whats been keeping you busy, eh? LOL

Rosa