Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sawtooth Star Block Exchange

Jo Morton Stitcher's Sawtooth Star Block Exchange. All Jo Morton fabric used to make up these 4 1/2 inch unfinished blocks (4 inch finished). Great use of fabric and color combinations!
There were 38 participants: two from Australia, one from Canada, one from Norway and the rest from the United States.

Now the big task is to swap out the blocks and get them posted in the mail! I can't wait for everyone to receive these amazing blocks!

It will be great to see the quilts that come from these blocks...a true "Tribute to Jo" quilt! A big thank you to everyone who participated to make this swap such a huge success!

6 comments:

Dixie said...

How fun to see the sweet rows of blocks all ready to be bundled up and shipped to their new owners! Thanks so much for hosting the swap for all of us to enjoy, Elaine!

Karen said...

I love Sawtooth Star blocks. I participated in a design challenge once with that particular block challenge. Fun! The blocks look so good all laid out and about to be exchanged.

Gwendie said...

Sawtooth star is one of my favorite blocks. These are amazing! I can't believe how many of them there are.

Gwendie

Kathie said...

oh one of my favorite blocks
wish I would have participated now that I see all these beauties!
yep, its all about the fabrics!, big fan of Jo's fabrics
Kathie

Robyn *Ü* said...

Wow look at all those stars. beautiful. You have a very nice blog. I enjoyed my time here.

The Rabbit Factory said...

What a fabulous picture...makes this quilter drool